Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Been a long time posting....

Been a long time posting, but I've been playing more than I ever have before this summer. Two lesson series with Fawn Anderson, playing nearly every night and now I have Maya at Carolyn's house in Krestova so we can go play together in the covered arena at Rosemary's. It's just too dark and cold to play at night, here.

Last night I had my best play with Maya EVER. Bar none. Amazing. Started out a rainy, muddy, cold, nasty, dark night. Her pasture mate didn't want to come in to her paddock so we could leave and Maya was exhibiting some minor RB tendencies. When we were finally able to leave, she was midly RB so I used two barrels to do some figure 8's. Instant difference in her. She became attentive, calm and thinking! Then she practically *marched* to the arena (about a 10 minute walk) - her usual spooky spots brought nothing, except for going past the pump house to which she stopped and snorted, then lowered her head again and kept marching on!

We played on line briefly. She was too wet and it was too rainy to bring the bareback pad over, so I didn't plan to ride unless she dried off. She didn't. About a half hour online with some awesome trot figure 8s and some walk/trot weave and she felt so connected. I asked her to jump towards me yo-yo style over a jump she couldn't just step over. She did it beautifully. Twice. I took her offline and played at liberty.

I felt such connection and TRY from her I cannot even describe how beautiful it was. She was really trying to do what I asked - even squeezing over that same jump at liberty calmly and lightly. The smallest ask and she gave the biggest try. We did WEAVE at liberty in the arena! Sideways, yo-yo, walk/trot/canter/trot/walk/stop/backup with her beside me. I just sat down in awe and amazement and she still stuck around. She'd wander off to check the door but come right back to cuddle and hang out. She even went trotting around the arena twice as if to say - aren't we going to do follow the rail?

If you hadn't guessed, we got the patterns and it's made a huge difference in our communication and rleationship.

I'm so blessed. Thankful. Grateful. Happy.

More play tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Thanks for stopping by my PNH blog! I went and viewed your L2 Online Audition, and all I can say is PHENOMENAL! Have you heard yet? (I'll read more in-depth later--off to the barn to take one more stab at it before the free deadlines passes.)